Windows is an incredibly big world, and it’s expanding with each new version. From the first versions of Windows, up to now, Windows 10, this operating system still has a lot of features included that users cannot exploit. In this article, let’s learn about the features that are hidden in Windows but quite useful and interesting.
1. RECORD A PHONE NUMBER ON WINDOWS
Since Windows 95, the operating system has built-in PC calling, but in newer versions of Windows it is hidden, perhaps due to the overgrowth of the phone. mobile.
To use this feature, the user’s computer also needs a telephone modem connected to the computer (usually older computers will be equipped with this device) and a telephone or internet line. Open the windows dialer window by pressing Windows + R -> type dialer.exe then press Enter.
1. TURN ON “GOD MODE” MODE
If the above calling feature makes you feel redundant, let’s go to the next hidden feature: “God Mode”. Its full name is Windows Master Control Panel. This is a window containing all that is in the Control Panel as well as the windows system; There are even some parts you can’t find anywhere else. Users will have extremely fast access to windows settings and editing without having to fumble through as many steps as before.
To create this God Mode folder, right-click on the Desktop (Or anywhere you want to create) -> select New -> Folder and then name this folder:
Finally, double click to access this folder and you will enter the “God Mode” – all with a single window.
2. WATCH THE MOVIE “STAR WARS” WITH THE WINDOWS CMD
For movie enthusiasts and want to experience an extremely unique form of watching movies: Watching movies on the MS-DOS environment, also known as Command Prompt (CMD). To open the movie, follow these steps:
• Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
• Type in CMD then Enter to open command prompt.
• Enter the command: pkgmgr / iu: “TelnetClient” then press Enter. The system may present a dialog box asking to reboot -> click Yes.
• Turn off CMD and reopen a new window as the first step -> Enter the command: Telnet Towel.blinkenlights.nl then press Enter.
• Watch and enjoy the Star Wars movie.
3. PROHIBITED CATEGORIES
In Windows, you can customize almost anything, but sometimes something as simple as a folder name can’t be arbitrary. This operating system does not allow folder names with the following names (although they do not contain any special characters):
• LPT * (the * is an arbitrary number)
• COM * (the * is an arbitrary number)
4. CREATE NATURAL TEXTILE SCRIPTURE BY MS-WORD
The last feature that we want to introduce to you is in the MS-Word software, which is almost associated with Windows. The way to do it is very simple, just open Word and then enter: = rand (a, b) where a is the text and b is the number of lines in the paragraph -> Press Enter to execute the command. You will have a random automatic text without having to type or copy from elsewhere.