* The cause of the error
In most cases, new errors start happening right after you install a new operating system or after you have been using your current system for a long time.
1. Fixing Error Code 0xc00d36c4 Windows 10/8/8.1
VideolAN’s VLC Media Player can Play any file format that exists they Said, Well Said. The First thing that you want to do for Fixing 0xc00d36c4 Error is to get VLC Media Player and Install it.
Now Open the file with VLC Media Player that was Throwing Error message. You will be surprised to see that your video is running smoothly.
You Can Either Download it from the Official Website Here OR, Go to Windows app store and get it from there.
2. Installing the missing codecs
- Step 1: Go to the tools tab in The participant, then discover alternatives, then player.
- Step 2: A checkbox highlighting ‘Automatically download codecs’ Could be gift and all you need to do is click ok.
- Step 3: If you’ve got completed the above steps efficiently, you should be able to play the specific video file.
- If you are prompted to install the codecs, accept by clicking ‘install’.
- Alternatively, you can choose to go with third party codec packages. An example is K-Lite Codec Pack. Just recollect to restart your computer after installation.
3. Turn off Copy Protection in Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player has the option to copy protected files it rips or burns making these files unplayable on any other music or media player. You can turn off this option easily.
- Open Windows Media Player by searching for it in your Search bar or by locating it in the Start Menu.
- Click Organize at the top left of the screen and open Options.
- Navigate to the Rip Music tab and uncheck the box next to Copy Music.
- Maybe your previous music files won’t work but try using the new music files and you will see the difference.