* If you’re an iPhone user, I bet you’ll love its secret tips and tricks:
- You want to access the list of recent or running applications, press the Home button twice quickly and you will see the App Switcher screen containing a list of all running applications in the form of a stack card. If you want to close an app, just swipe up on the app thumbnail and it will immediately disappear from the list.
- We know that iPhones don’t have a “Back” button but you can use a gesture to do that. Just right-click Messages, Mail and other applications and you’ll return to the previous window.
- Screen capture – screen your iPhone, press and hold the Home button and press Lock / Power. It will save screenshots in the Photos folder.
- iTune software syncs your iPhone contacts in “C: \ Users \ User_name” Contacts “folder in Windows operating system. So you can find all your iPhone contacts in that folder will have the .contact file extension. If you want to add new contacts in your iPhone. You can create .contact files and place them in the “C: \ Users \ User_name \ Contacts” folder. When iTunes syncs content, it automatically adds new contacts to your iPhone.
- The fact that you cannot delete multiple or all contacts at once in iPhone. But to fix this problem and remove all contacts in one note. Remove all contacts from “C: \ Users \ User_name \ Contacts” This folder has all iPhone contacts. By opening iTunes and going to the Info tab, under Sync Contacts, enable “Replace information about this iPhone”. Now sync contacts and it will remove all iPhone contacts as the empty “C: \ Users \ User_name \ Contacts” folder.
- You want to pause automatic syncing in iTunes, just press and hold Ctrl + Shift simultaneously while connecting your iPhone to the computer. It will not sync automatically in iTunes.
- You want to upgrade your iPhone or iPad firmware / software yourself and you have downloaded the latest ipsw files from the Internet, you can manually install the latest software using iTunes without downloading the firmware with How to use iTunes. Open iTunes, go to the Summary tab, press and hold the Shift key and click on the Update button. It will open the Browse dialog box, select the .ipsw file and it will start installing the firmware for your iPhone or iPad.
- iTunes regularly creates backups of your iPhone content like contacts, etc. All backups are stored in the “% AppData% \ Apple Computer \ MobileSync \ Backup” folder. You can access this folder by copying / pasting the folder path in the Run or addressbar dialog box and pressing Enter’s Windows Explorer.
- Just like Google Android mobile phones that contain mysterious codes of menus and services, iPhone also comes with a few secret codes as follows:
* 3001 # 12345 # * – To enter Field Test mode * # 06 # – To know your phone’s IMEI number * # 21 # – Call forwarding * # 30 # – Call presentation line * # 33 # – Block calls * # 43 # – Call waiting * 3370 # – EFR (Enhanced Full Rate) mode * # 5005 * 7672 # – Text message (SMS) central number
That is all I want to share with you. If you know of any other interesting and useful features, tips or hide secret codes, please share it in your comment and we will add it to the list. Thank you for watching!