One of the lock screen features in Windows 8 and Windows 10 is a list of all user accounts on the computer. But what if you create an account to run a service or have a secret admin account that you don’t want to expose to everyone on the lock screen? With a simple Registry tweak, you can hide specific Users from appearing on the lock screen.
First, open Registry Editor simply by going to Start >> type regedit >> Enter
- Open by the link:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES >> SOFTWARE >> Microsoft >> Windows NT
>> Current Version >> Winlogon.
- Continue right-click on Winlogon and select New >> Key
- Name that Key SpecialAccounts and then Enter
- Continue right-clicking on SpecialAccouts and selecting New >> Key
- Name that Key UserList and then Enter
- Continue right-clicking on the UserList and selecting New >> DWORD 32 bit value
- Name DWORD exactly the name of the Accounts you want to press
- Here I am SecretAdmin
- OK, got it Now, those Users have been hidden
- If you want it to be the same then just delete the other DWORD is done!
Accomplished! So I have introduced the hidden Users secret part!
Goodbye and see you again!