Windows 11 is a new operating system from Microsoft. Leaked and soon released via the Insider Preview channel to test users.
Users who join Dev Chanel before June 24 will receive the Dev version, and users who join Insider after that date will not. Fortunately, we can update Windows 11 for computers that do not yet support it.
Note: Machines with lower configuration than recommended will experience problems such as crashes, unstable operation.
Upgrade to Windows 11 by joining the Dev Channel
Join Release Preview Channel
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Update & security then select Windows Insider Program
- Click to select: Get started
- Sign in to your Microsoft account
- Select: Release Preview Channel then press Confirm.
- Confirm again and restart the machine then proceed to update to get Windows 11
Open Regedit then navigate to:
If you have the following keys, change according to the instructions to update Windows 11
If you do not have these keys, you must join the Insider program again.
Restart the machine. Go to Settings >> Update & security >> Windows Insider Program and you will be on the Dev Preview channel. You will now be able to update Windows 11.
Method 2: Upgrade to Windows 11 by joining the Dev Channel using Script
- Go to this page to get the Script GitHub page where the OfflineInsiderEnroll script is hosted.
- Right-click Raw then select Save link as….
- Choose where to save to download (e.g., Downloads).
- Select Save then the file will be downloaded.
Run the Script by Run as administrator then you will choose 1 to join Dev Channel
Choose 1: Enroll to Dev Channel. (Press “1” and Enter.)
Wait a while for the Script to be successful and press any key to exit.
Go to Settings >> Update & security >> Windows Insider Program and you will be on the Dev Preview channel
Then update as usual to upgrade to Windows 11 Dev.