1. Dial phone numbers on windows
Since Windows 95 version, this operating system has integrated calling function by computer. However, in newer versions of windows it is hidden, perhaps due to the strong development of the phone. mobile.
To use this feature, the user’s computer also needs a phone modem connected to the computer (usually older computers will be equipped with this device) and a phone network or internet line. Open the windows dialer window by pressing Windows + R key combination -> type in dialer.exe then press Enter.
The Windows dialer will appear. Of course it is very basic, only including the keyboard and call buttons like desk phones.
2. Turn on “God mode”
If the calling feature above makes you feel superfluous, then come to the next hidden feature: “God Mode”. Its full name is Windows Master Control Panel. This is a window that contains everything in the Control Panel as well as the windows system; There are even some parts that you can’t find anywhere else. Users will have super-fast access to Windows tweaks and settings without having to fumble through the same steps as before.
To create this God Mode folder, right-click on the Desktop (Or wherever you want to create) -> select New -> Folder then name this folder as:
Finally, double-click to access this folder and you will enter “God Mode” – set it all up in a single window.
3. Watch the movie “Star wars” with the CMD . window
For movie enthusiasts and want to experience an extremely unique form of movie viewing: Watch movies on the MS-DOS environment, also known as Command Prompt (CMD). To open the movie, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in CMD then Enter to open the command prompt.
- Enter the command: pkgmgr /iu:”TelnetClient” then press Enter. The system may display a dialog box asking to restart the machine -> click Yes.
- Close CMD and reopen a new window as the first step -> Enter the command: Telnet Towel.blinkenlights.nl then press Enter.
- Watch and enjoy Star Wars movies.
4. Forbidden folder names
In Windows, you can customize almost anything, but sometimes simple things like folder names can’t be set to your liking. This operating system does not allow naming folders with the following names (although they do not contain special characters):
- LPT* (sign * is any number)
- COM* (sign * is any number)
5. Generate random text automatically with MS-Word
The last feature that we want to introduce to you is in the MS-Word software, which is almost associated with Windows. The way to do it is very simple, just open Word and then enter: =rand(a,b) where a is the text and b is the number of lines in the paragraph -> Press Enter to execute the command. You will immediately have a random text automatically without typing or copying from elsewhere.
Wishing you success!