This is a benefit that Microsoft has exclusively for developers and Microsoft didn’t say that if devs can’t use it, I’ll just use it 😉
Step 1: Join the Microsoft 365 Developer Program
– First, go to the following link and press the “Join now” https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/dev-program
– The link will redirect you to login, you can log in to any Microsoft account.
– After logging in, the page will be redirected in 3 steps asking a few questions, please enter Country, Company, Language, select I accept… as shown. Then press the Next button.
– Next, select Personal project and then Next. Then just choose haphazardly and then Next.
– The page continues to redirect to invite you to receive the Microsoft 365 developer subscription package (Figure 5), so you have 50% success already 😃
Step 2: Create an Office 365 account
– Press the Set up E5 subscription button.
– Enter all information and then press Continue.
– Enter the phone number and then press Send Code to have Microsoft send the confirmation code to your phone .
– Once confirmed, wait for a while depending on your internet speed.
– So you have successfully created an Office 365 account, now if you have installed the office suite on your computer, you just need to log in to this onmicrosoft.com account and it will automatically activate. If you have not installed the software, go to step 3.
Step 3: Install Office 365:
– Press the Go to subscription button
– The page will redirect to ask for the onmicrosoft.com account password you created above.
After entering the password and logging in, go to the following link: InstallOffice
– Here you just need to select the language and then press the Install Office button, the file will automatically download to your computer. That’s it, after installing you just need to log in the new onmicrosoft tail acc created in step 2 to be able to activate.
– Acc activation = acc tail onmicrosoft, and acc join Microsoft Developer only to receive mail about acc tail onmicrosoft so there is no activation effect.
– An onmicrosoft acc can activate 5 machines and each machine only contains 1 onmicrosoft acc. When it expires, it renews itself, as long as you can log in onmicrosoft acc to a certain machine to activate office.
– If you create but don’t use it, it will be destroyed later, so just create enough to activate, greedily creating a lot of excess acc without activation, it will cancel as well.