1. If you download a PDF file and find it with the “.exe” extension, delete it. Viruses
2. If there is a fee for the wifi at the airport or hotel, add “? .Jpg” to the end of any URL. They usually don’t redirect images
3. Accidentally closed a Word file without saving? Also not auto-save? Find “.asd” with File Explorer tool (search for files) in “My / This PC”. Your document will be there
4. How to make your essay longer: Press Ctrl + F, find “.” and resize the dots from 12 to 14. They will look exactly the same but will make your page significantly longer.
5. Highlight any paragraph in Word and press Shift + F3 to turn all the characters uppercase or lowercase
6. If you want to download a video from Youtube, just add “ss” in the middle of “www.” and “youtube.com” in the URL
7. When copying something from the Internet, press Ctrl + Shift + V to paste. This combination of keyboard shortcuts will prevent your text from being formatted like the original text
8. Save your PowerPoint as PowerPoint Show (.ppsx), and it will be taken directly to the slide show when you open it.
9. Press Alt and select any image on Google to automatically save to your computer
10. At http://myfridgefood.com/ you can enter anything you have in the fridge and the website will tell you all the dishes you can do with them.
11. You have to watch a long lecture on Youtube? Find Settings and select 2x speed. It will be a bit faster and funny at first but you can easily understand what the video is saying with half the time required.
12. Too lazy to read the whole article? TLDR – a Chrome extension that gives you a brief summary of long online articles.
14. Some websites where you can take real college courses for 0 VND:
MIT Open Courseware (http://ocw.mit.edu/)
Open Yale Courses (http://oyc.yale.edu/)
Jhon Hopkins Open Course (http://ocw.jhsph.edu/)
Oxford Math Open Courseware (http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/courses)
15. To listen to a song on Youtube in loop mode without having to always press replay when it ends, add “repeat” between “www.youtube” and “.com” at the URL.
16. http: //twinstrangers.com/ is a site that helps you find people who look like you from anywhere in the world, by uploading your photos and picking out your facial features.
17. Are you thinking about getting a tattoo? At http://momentaryink.com/, you can turn your tattoo ideas into temporary tattoos. So, you can try on tattoo before putting it on forever
18. If you accidentally close a Tab, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + T will help you reopen the page
19. Turn on airplane mode when playing games will help you block ads
20. At http://accountkiller.com, you can delete all personal data from websites if you don’t want to keep them.
21. http://documentaryheaven.com is a website that lets you watch thousands of documentaries at no cost
22. If you lose your Android phone indoors and it is vibrating, you can find it by going to Google Play> Android device manager> Ring
23. If you are having trouble with math, you can go to http://wolframalpha.com/ and enter any equation, the website will solve for you.
24. You can learn Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese for free at http://duolingo.com
25. Need to edit a quick photo? At http://sumopaint.com/, you can use the free online version of Photoshop
26. Forgot your computer password? Boot in safe mode (press F8 during boot), log in as administrator then change your password
27. If you enter any flight number exactly on Google, you can find out where the plane is.
28. Stop using Google to find information for essays, use http://scholar.google.com/ instead. You will immediately find more relevant information