We all know Parallel graphics card CPU is one of the most important elements of any computer, improving the performance of the graphics card can help applications and games run. smoother and faster.
As can be seen, the graphics card is integrated with dedicated RAM that allows games and applications to run faster and more efficiently. If your laptop has a separate graphics card installed, the performance is better than that of the laptop using the integrated graphics card on the mainboard, so the best way to increase the performance of your computer’s hardware is .. Use a laptop with a discrete graphics card. However, you can also set up on some software and tweak to help the graphics card work better.
1 / “Onboard” graphics card:
An “onboard” graphics card, or integrated graphics, is a graphics chip that is mounted on the computer’s mainboard. When looking at the specifications of a laptop, the information about this graphics card will say “Intel HD Graphics”, “GMA 4500HD” … if the computer uses Intel processors, and on computers using AMD processors, the graphics chip graphics called ATI / AMD (formerly the manufacturer of ATI graphics card was acquired by AMD).
For older computers, the “onboard” video card is controlled by an integrated chip on the motherboard or part of the Northbridge chipset. Meanwhile, the new generation video card is now integrated directly into the CPU by manufacturers to increase graphics processing performance and reduce the amount of heat generated when operating.
Because the onboard graphics card uses part of the system RAM, when you check it, you will see a little RAM shortage. There are some computer lines that can share quite a lot of RAM for the graphics card used (from 750MB to 1GB), so for the computer to work smoothly just showing the graphics, running applications, you should shop at least 4GB RAM for laptops.
In terms of graphics upgrades, onboard graphics cards on laptops are not like discrete graphics, so we can “freely” replace or upgrade other cards. In most laptops, the graphics card is immutable. The onboard graphics card chipset is integrated into the system’s “board” and cannot be replaced. However, when using in-game or graphics that need a higher configuration than the default, you can speed up by adjusting a bit as follows:
a / Set up 3D graphics:
Any laptop has the included video card driver and the included management software from the manufacturer. With current mainstream computers, most people use Intel onboard graphics cards.
To tweak 3D settings, right-click on the desktop in any position (or right-click on the Intel icon on the system tray – right bottom of the screen), select Graphics Properties (You can only select it This item has been installed when the driver (driver) for the video card.The interface of Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel appears, follow the picture below:
Click on the 3D item on the left, you will see a 3D Preference slider with 2 customizations that allows you to choose between performance (Performance) and quality (Quality). If you choose performance to improve performance while playing games or doing graphics, the ability to perform in 3D will decrease and vice versa if you increase the ability of 3D will lead to a slow frame rate (fps). More and performance changes. If you need graphics to play games then the advice is for performance> quality.
c / Speed up onboard graphics cards with external software:
– GMABooster: considered the world’s first and only performance boost solution for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator series, you can use this software to increase the performance of the onboard graphics cards. 2.4x and is a powerful tool for those who like to experience advanced 3D games. The solution is not only good for 3D games but also improves the graphics capabilities when you watch HD video, works smoothly when you view Google Earth and a number of other professional graphics applications.
=> GMABooster allows adjusting the clock speed of Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 chips (945GM / GME / GMS / GSE943 / 940GML / GU Expres) to 166/200/250/400 MHz and has an immediate effect, and from there the Playing the game will be more smooth.
(GMABooster software is free and supports Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems, you can use it freely without any cost. If you are a regular user of this software then you can sign up for a free account on the manufacturer’s website to get support for the latest versions).
– Another software that is also known by many gamers is the Razer Game Booster software of iObit software firm. This software helps give a list of pre-installed games on your computer, you just select the game you need to speed up graphics.
=> To configure which programs are run and which programs will turn off when playing the game, you can go to Boost Settings to install. In the list that appears, the programs that have a tick are the programs that will be turned off when Razer Game Booster is active, you can customize it as you like, as long as you save a lot of RAM and Most CPU during game play but still does not affect the operation of the system. After installation is complete, click Apply to finish.
(This software is also provided for free. You can go to “Google” to search and download these software to experience.)
A few other notes:
In addition to the above guidelines, we need to consider the conditions that affect the performance and graphics performance of laptops:
– Laptops overheat due to dust clogging the heat sinks, reducing CPU activity resulting in reduced graphics performance. You must pay attention to clean the motherboard and the components inside after a period of 3-6 months.
– Always update the latest drivers. You can find the new driver version via Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Intel HD Graphics -> Update Driver Software if your laptop uses an Intel chip.
– Use applications such as CCleaner to get rid of unwanted programs and services and disable unnecessary startup items. The right adjustments will optimize your computer’s performance, ultimately leading to a smoother gaming experience.
As for the discrete VGA, there is no need to accelerate j anymore .. :)) ..Happy You Succeed !!