VMware Workstation software used to create virtual machines is the most popular today. This software acts as an intermediary, communicating between software and hardware to create a virtualization platform as well as resource management and allows users to install one or more different operating systems in one host operating system. and also Establish a network connection between them.
1. What is VMware Workstation 17 Pro?
VMware Workstation is a software that allows users to run virtual machines on physical computers. You can create and destroy virtual machines (VMs) easily on your server using this tool.
At VMware Workstation, users will be able to run virtual machines on desktop computers using Windows or Linux operating systems, both fine. In case your computer runs these two operating systems simultaneously, you can also run multiple machines on the same server. This software is also considered quite compatible with hardware.
Importance of VMware Workstation:
VMware Workstation is a virtualization software used to create and manage virtual machines on one.
VMware Workstation is used to create and manage virtual machines on a computer, so its importance includes:
- Allows you to create many different operating systems on the same computer without affecting the performance and features of the entire system.
- Enabling software developers to test and develop applications on multiple operating systems.
- Provides a virtualized environment that is safe for users and for testing new applications or system updates without affecting and damaging existing running systems.
- Save costs on developing new software by using virtual machines instead of having to buy many new computers for testing.
What’s new in VMware Workstation 17
- Perfect support for Windows 11, new TPM 2.0 (Virtual Trusted Platform Module) support
Automatically start virtual machines: You can now configure local virtual machines to automatically start when the server boots
- New support for Windows Server 2022, RHEL 9, Debian 11.x, Ubuntu 22.04, and more.
- Supports TPM 2.0, perfect for Win11 and other operating systems that require TPM
- New encryption feature with the option to choose between security (full encryption) and performance (fast encryption)
- Improved graphics support: OpenGL 4.3, available on Win7 and above
- Supports WDDM 1.2 (Windows Display Driver Model)
2. Download and install VMware Workstation 17 Pro?
Step 1: The downloaded file is an .iso file, double click on it to mount it as a DVD drive in Explorer. Then run the file VMware-workstation-full-17.0.0-20800274.exe to install.
Step 2: Your license key is already in the .iso file, so just install normally. When it’s almost done, you will have the input key:
Step 3: Enter 1 into the keys below to get: